Privacy Notice (Job Applicants)
This Privacy Notice explains why and how we collect information about job applicants, how we protect it and for how long we retain it.
We keep your data as safe and secure as reasonably possible, protecting it against loss and unauthorized disclosure or access and we will
handle your personal data in strict compliance with applicable data protection laws, in particular the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 (‘GDPR’) (if applicable).
1. What is the purpose and legal ground for processing my personal data?
The purpose for processing your personal data is to register your application for a job in our company and, if this application leads to start our selection procedure, make a profile of you,
meaning that Tessenderlo Group will process all the necessary data that is required for us to assess your job application in view of a potential recruitment.
The processing of your data is therefore necessary in order to take steps prior to entering into an employment contract and is in Tessenderlo Group’s legitimate interests,
i.e. the interest to assess and evaluate you before deciding on making an offer of employment.
In case of positive evaluation and decision to hire, we will also use your personal data to prepare an employment contract.
In case of a decision not to hire you, we will retain your personal data for a period of time as well (see 6) in order to be able to contact you if any future job opportunities
would seem to match your profile. This is also in the legitimate interests of Tessenderlo Group.
2. Which categories of your personal data will be processed?
Personal data is all information relating to you or on the basis of which you may be identified. Anonymous data, without possibility to identify you, could thus not be considered as personal data.
For the purposes referred to above, the processing of personal data can include the following:
- standard data related to your identity (surname, name(s), address…);
- personal data (date and place of birth, nationality, gender, phone number, email address, hobbies and interests, …);
- your picture if you voluntarily provide us with your picture (e.g. included in your CV);
- data with regard to your professional experience (profile, data on previous employers, termination of last employments and work carried out, special projects, …),
including reference checks if you have provided us with references in your CV (which means that you have consented to us contacting those references);
- data with regard to your education (diploma’s, certificates, internships, special trainings, …)
- language skills;
- if applicable, whether you possess a permit of working and/or reside in the European Economic Area (EEA);
- any other personal data that you present us with as part of your application, related to the exercise of the role;
- digital assessment through the internet (social media account), insofar as this presence is open for us to see;
- the results of assessment tests performed by assessment centers;
- application process data (e.g. questions in job interviews, feedback, reason for hiring, number of applications, notes to and from candidates/applicants);
- any other personal data (than mentioned above) that require processing by virtue of the law;
- in case of enquiries or job applications through an online application platform on a Tessenderlo Group website:
- notes to and from candidates/applicants by using emailing services of the application including notifications
- onlinedata(e.g. IPaddress, UserID, mobiledeviceused, operatingsystem, internetprovider, dateandtimeoflogonandlogoff).
- communicationdata(e.g.emailaddress, privateandbusinessaddress, privateandbusinessphonenumbers, SkypeID,socialnetworkIDs, emailcontent)
- onlineusagedatarelatedtothe platform(e.g.cookieIDs, DigitalFingerprints, IPaddresses, URLhistory, etc.)
- loggingdata(e.g.userID, password, activationdate, creationdate, failedlogincount, modificationdate, statetype, verificationdateandstate,
and information that enables to check whether and by whom personal data have been input into the platform or was modified or removed there in).
You are not required to provide us with these data. However, not doing so might adversely affect your chances of recruitment.
3. Who will have access to my personal data?
The HR department and your envisaged hierarchic superior(s) will have access to your personal data on a strict ‘need-to-know’ basis for the purposes described above.
We do not pass on your information to any other third party, with the possible exception of assessments centers etc. or any other third party in case it is relevant for
the recruitment process. Your personal data can be accessed by a third party who provides recruitment services to us or whose online application platform we use to
communicate with (potential) job applicants and to process applications, enquiries, messages, documents.. sent to us by job applicants (“Recruitment Service Providers”).
Recruitment Service Providers will only process your personal data on behalf of Tessenderlo Group and pursuant to Tessenderlo Group’s instructions.
4. Will my personal data be transferred outside my country of residence?
Because of the international nature of the job you applied for and/or the international character of Tessenderlo Group, it may be necessary that one or more employees
from a Tessenderlo Group affiliate of the Tessenderlo Group of companies, potentially located in a third country outside the EEA, requires access to your personal data
to process and/or store these personal data. To transfer your personal data in compliance with the data protection principles, Tessenderlo Group has implemented
appropriate safeguards in line with the GDPR, in particular EU standard contractual clauses.
Recruitment Service Providers will only transfer personal data (to sub-processors) outside the EEA if appropriate safeguards are taken in line with the GDPR (if applicable), in particular EU standard contractual clauses.
5. Will Tessenderlo Group make use of automated decision-making?
Automated decisions are defined as decisions about individuals that are based solely on the automated processing of data and that produce legal effects or that significantly affect the individuals involved.
As a rule, Tessenderlo Group does not make use of automated decision-making as described above. Tessenderlo Group does not base its decision whether or not to hire you solely on automated processing of your personal data.
6. How long will my personal data be retained?
We will only hold your personal data for as long as it is necessary for the purposes described above.
Without prejudice to any mandatory retention periods imposed by the applicable law, in case the recruitment does not result in an employment relationship,
your personal data will be retained for a maximum period of three years after the end of the job application procedure for the purposes described under 1,
unless Tessenderlo Group considers you to be an exceptional profile, in which case we will retain your data for as long as we believe it is in both of our
interests that we can contact you if future job opportunities may match your profile. Of course, you can always exercise your right to erase/object.