Privacy Notice to external parties (business dealings)
This Privacy Notice explains why and how we collect information about the contact persons of external parties in the day-to-day
business of Tessenderlo Group, how we protect it and for how long we retain it. We keep your data as safe and secure as reasonably
possible protecting it against loss and unauthorized disclosure or access and we will handle your personal data in strict compliance
with applicable data protection laws, in particular the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 (‘GDPR’) (if applicable).
1. What is the purpose and legal ground for processing my personal data?
Tessenderlo Group will lawfully process your personal data and this mainly for one of the following (relevant) legal grounds:
- to comply with our legal obligations, such as mandatory reporting, tax and accounting requirements (‘Legal obligation’);
- you provided your consent, which consent you can withdraw at any time (“Consent”); or
- to fulfil our legitimate business interests or those of a third party, insofar as your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms don’t prevail. We will balance this case by case. (‘Legitimate interest’).
Based on our Legitimate interests, Tessenderlo Group can in particular process your personal data for:
- planning for, conducting and monitoring the business and our contracts
- internal analysis and market research
- communications with (potential) customers, suppliers, service providers, …
- contract negotiation, e.g.:
- sending a price quotation per e-mail
- requesting a fee quote
- contract execution and management, e.g.:
- fulfilling an order and/or a contract,
- sending invoices and reminders,
- following up on any questions or complaints that you might address to us
- general customer management, e.g.:
- direct marketing/advertising,
- in particular to promote goods or services identical or similar to those that you have ordered from us (for example: newsletter);
- you will always be given the option to opt-out of receiving direct marketing mailings.
2. Which categories of your personal data will be processed?
Personal data is all information relating to you or on the basis of which you may be identified. Anonymous data, without possibility
to identify you, could thus not be considered as personal data. Company details can neither be considered as personal data.
For the purposes referred to above, the processing of personal data can include the following:
- Identification data, including:
- your surname and name(s)
- professional phone number
- professional email address
- the company you are working for, your job title and function at that company;
- any other personal data that you voluntarily provide to us and that are relevant for the purposes described above;
- any other personal data (than mentioned above) that require processing by virtue of the law.
3. Where do your personal data come from?
Personal data is only collected when you provide us with this in the course of, say, registration, by filling out forms or
sending emails, and in the course of ordering products or services, inquiries or requests (for example: you send us an e-mail with
a request for quotation or a purchase order, with your contact details included in your email signature).
4. Who will have access to my personal data?
In certain circumstances we may need to transfer or disclose, for the purposes described above, your personal data to affiliated
companies or business partners of Tessenderlo Group, or to service providers (for example IT service providers; dispatch service
providers or media agencies that may only use your personal data to produce advertising material and/or send it out to our customers;
or market research institutes that conduct surveys on behalf of us). External service providers will only process your personal data
on behalf of Tessenderlo Group and in accordance with Tessenderlo Group’s instructions.
5. Will my personal data be transferred outside my country of residence?
Because of the international character of Tessenderlo Group, it may be necessary that one or more employees from an affiliate of the
Tessenderlo Group of companies, potentially located in a third country outside the EEA, require access to your personal data to process
and/or store these personal data for the purposes described above. To transfer your personal data in compliance with the data protection
principles, Tessenderlo Group has implemented appropriate safeguards in line with the GDPR, in particular EU standard contractual clauses.
6. How long will my personal data be retained?
Your personal data will be retained in accordance with applicable laws only for so long as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out above.