This position manages plant maintenance over multiple shifts to assure cost effective, on-time manufacturing of gelatin. This position plans, directs, and coordinates all facility maintenance to ensure efficient operation and is responsible for corrective and preventative maintenance, capital implementation, utility operation, and program control of the production computer system.
Plant Process Management: Leads the monitoring and automation of gelatin process performance to ensure critical performance indicators are under control.
- One Electrical Controls Engineer and two Electrical Controls Technicians
- Ensuring the production utility usages are measured and improvement areas are identified, monitored and corrective actions are communicated to appropriate parties.
- Supports and maintains all gelatin computer operating systems, utility systems, and plant automation.
- Implements OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness) & Reliability principle
Plant Project Management: Coordinates development of process improvement projects which may or may not need to be developed into capital projects.
- Leads 1 Project Engineer
- Manages the capital expenditure projects for profit improvement and stay in business in order to maintain plant, property, and equipment in a good and efficient working condition.
- Manages CAPEX projects from inception to post completion.
- Participates in formation and prioritization of the continual list of process projects in conjunction with the General Manger and Global Reliability Manager.
- Leads engineering resources to maintain and seek technological improvements to all mechanical, electrical, electronics and instrumentation systems.
- Optimize equipment performance and production process.
- Coordinates resources to ensure proper design and implementation of projects.
- Coordinates development of measures to ensure proper commissioning of project performance is realized.
- Coordinates with Production Manager and Production Engineer on plant scale trials and performs lab/pilot scale testing.
SHEQ Compliance: Understanding and working to ensure compliance with applicable safety, health, environmental, food safety and Good Manufacturing Practice guidelines and regulations.
- Ensure departmental participation in HACCP studies and activities.
- Ensure departmental participation in safety training and the plant safety committee.
- Ensure departmental participation in food safety training.
- Ensure departmental participation in Process Safety Management (PSM) and Risk Management Plan (RMP) programs.
Process Safety Management Program: Oversees the overall compliance of the plant PSM/RMP program as required for plant anhydrous ammonia refrigeration system.
- Oversees the compliance with PSM requirements including completion of plant Process Hazard Assessment (PHA) and proper Management of Change (MOC).
- Communicate PSM information with plant personnel.
Leads the Maintenance Department to achieve safety and food safety standards for the department and all facility personnel
- Leads the maintenance resources to maintain and seek technological improvements to all mechanical, electrical, electronics and instrumentation systems.
- Manages the maintenance department and plant utilities through the supervisory resources to ensure that work is performed according to established priorities.
- Manages, improves and reduces the maintenance costs through the corrective and preventive maintenance programs by increasing plant and equipment reliability.
- Facilitates the work performed by contractors through the maintenance supervisory staff in agreement with goals provided in the budget and through the facility management staff.
- Manages the purchase of maintenance equipment, spare parts and repairs to maximize on-line time and adhere to budgetary guidelines.
- Implements cost control and cost reduction measures within the maintenance and programming areas.
- Prepares budget preparation and variance analysis for department.
- Works with HR in maintaining a working relationship with the union, which includes hiring, training, performance, and discipline.
- Supports and maintains all gelatin computer operating systems and utility systems
This position requires a minimum of 5-8 years of supervisory experience in gelatin or a manufacturing plant environment (union environment). HS diploma minimum; technical/engineering degree desirable. The position also requires a minimum of 8 years project management experience. Fundamental knowledge of boilers, HVAC, process controls, and wastewater treatment is required. Experience with ammonia refrigeration systems is a must. Knowledge of GMP, ISO, and HACCP is also required. The position needs financial understanding and strong communication skills.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- Tessenderlo Group
- United States
- Experience level
- Mid-Senior Level