Global Health & Safety Manager
To ensure a safe and healthy work environment for all PB Leiner employees, the global Operations Center of Excellence department, is looking for a Global Health & Safety Manager to be based in Vilvoorde (Belgium). In this role, you:
- Make sure that business activities and individuals (e.g. employees, contractors and visitors) adhere to a standardized set of health and safety policies, procedures and mandatory instructions, to protect the wellbeing of individuals, guarantee the compliance with legislations and minimize business risk.
- Define, implement and manage a global health and safety management system. Create underlying safety and health policies and monitor their correct use.
- Define and install a healthy and safe behavior culture, by building standard health and safety routines, based on external benchmark exercises and combined best practices of the different PB Leiner sites.
- Measure PB Leiner’s health and safety performance by defining relevant KPIs and KBIs, based on based on the overall strategy.
- Provide support and coaching to the regional Safety Specialists while locally implementing the health and safety strategy and plan. Focus on key processes and change management.
- Develop a process to critically analyze new investments with regard to health and safety aspects.
- Collaborate with your team members of the Center of Excellence to continuously improve all operational processes. Define a strategic roadmap, that is aligned with and supported by your peers in the Plant Operations Leadership Team.
You report to the Global Operations Director and join forces with the Plant Directors and the Regional Safety Specialists.
- Masters’ degree in Safety Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Bio-Engineering or equivalent through experience.
- Minimum of 10 years’ health and safety management experience in an industrial environment, preferably food industry.
- As a business thinker, you are able to conceptualize and implement a global framework on health and safety.
- You’re known as a change agent, with excellent stakeholder management skills.
- With your strong organizational skills, you take initiative to start up and manage projects to obtain challenging objectives.
- As an expert lead in health and safety, you like motivating and influencing stakeholders in different levels and cultural environments to collaborate toward a healthier and safer PB Leiner.
- Good communication skills in English, verbally as well as written. Knowledge of Dutch, French, Spanish and/or German is a plus.
- Willing to travel frequently, up to 30% of the time, globally.
- Tessenderlo Group
- Experience level
- Mid-Senior Level