PB Leiner is one of the world’s leading producers of high quality gelatins and collagen peptides. It has a global presence in terms of both its plants and sales representatives. PB Leiner’s objective is to recognize and explore opportunities for its customers and to anticipate future trends. In this regard, PB Leiner was the world’s first gelatin producer to market multifunctional gelatin products. PB Leiner supplies a continuously growing market in food, pharma, health nutrition and technical applications. PB Leiner has approximately 1,200 collaborators throughout the world and is part of Tessenderlo Group.
Plant Process Engineering:
1) Control production yield and identify and execute yield improvement opportunities.
2) Control production resource usages (utilities, chemicals, supplies, etc.), and identify and implement cost savings improvement opportunities.
3) Measure product quality throughout the process, and identify and execute quality improvement opportunities.
4) Perform corrective actions under the direction of the Process Manager, Production Manager and Engineering and Maintenance Manager.
Plant Project Engineering:
1) Design and execute experiments for product improvement projects.
2) Work with production and maintenance staff to ensure that process improvement projects are executed as needed.
3) Provide support to the Engineering Manager to ensure that accurate process details are utilized in the design and implementation of projects.
4) Develop measures to ensure new project achieves intended performance.
1) Understanding of applicable safety, health, environmental, food safety and Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) guidelines and regulations to ensure compliance.
2) Participate in HACCP studies and activities as designated by Process Manager.
3) Participate in Process Safety Management (PSM) and Risk Management Plan (RMP) programs as designated by Process Manager.
4) Participate in internal audits for Safety, GMP and ISO compliance as designated by Process Manager.
Training and Knowledge Development:
1) Monitor technology improvements through research.
2) Assist in providing process training for all appropriate personnel at facility.
3) Build and maintain knowledge base of the facility through proper documentation and follow-up of process improvements, projects and monitoring.
4) Communicate with all levels of the organization in order to implement best practices and process knowledge.
This position requires a Bachelor’s Degree with a strong Chemistry or Engineering background with 1-3 years experience.
- Computer skills: proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Strong written and verbal communication skills: able to communicate effectively with a wide range of personalities and varying levels of process understanding
- Knowledge of food manufacturing process
- Computer skills: able to work with modern data processing technology such as plant information databases, MiniTab, SAP, etc.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.