Supply Chain Manager
PB Leiner is one of the world’s leading producers of high quality gelatins and collagen peptides. We supply a growing market in food, pharma, health nutrition and technical applications. In all our efforts, we strive to be the clear solution for our customers. We spot and exploit opportunities, and try to anticipate future trends for them. We pursue outstanding quality and choice, as well as smooth delivery. We have a global presence in terms of both our plants and sales support, and count approximately 1,100 collaborators worldwide. For our plant in Vilvoore we are looking for a Supply Chain Manager
- Manages the SC activities: Planning and transport & logistics (sourcing, networkand day to day activities) in order to control the in-time delivery of goods and services and cost-efficiency & optimization of the Supply Chain process.
- Responsible for all material flows: inbound & outbound, on site movements, inter depot movements, intra-site movements
- Define, validate and control the levels of Inventory across the supply chain
- Defines the Supply Chain network (end to end logistics view) to allow minimal logistics costs (storage, transport, inventory) through the definition of external warehouses, transport modes available, third party logistics provider whilst optimizing OTIF.
- Is accountable for the contract management with external partners
- Ensure a clear identification of business requirements and IT enablers to implement value added projects.
- Identifies and implements actions to improve collaboration between Supply Chain and Sales.
- Stay informed about the developments in the SC field
- Leads the local S&OP, supports the regional S&OP.
- Provide optimal Customer Service in coordinating all complaints and root cause analysis to determine actions to avoid reoccurrence.
- Ensure business processes are properly set-up and best practices are implemented by coordinating and aligning the different Business Process Coordinators.
- Provide support to the business processes by managing a rigorous master data process ensuring an easy and accurate processing of the individual transactions.
- Besides managing the external warehouses, also implementing the 5 internal warehouses into a centralized strategy. Increase the synergy between the various internal and external warehouses.
- Master’s degree or equivalent (supply chain/logistics, business)
- 8 – 10 years of relevant experience required in the field of internal and external flows of goods
- Customer centric is a must
- Food/pharma experience is a plus
- APICS certified is a plus
- Expertise in SAP or other equivalent ERP
- Expertise in Warehouse Management is a very nice to have.
- You are fluent in Dutch and English.
- You feel confident to work in a matrix structure. Position seats in local Management Team and reports through the matrix structure
- You are an independently acting personality with strong analytical skills, a passion for numbers and a pronounced process thinking
- You like to initiate change processes, have very good conceptual skills and can inspire others for your ideas
- Your leadership skills are characterized by a balance between team spirit and assertiveness
We offer you a dynamic job in a challenging international environment and an attractive package of conditions