Lab Technician Innovation & Applications Projects
Descripción de la compañía
PB Leiner is one of the world’s leading producers of high quality gelatins and collagen peptides. We supply a growing market in food, pharma, health nutrition and technical applications. In all our efforts, we strive to be the clear solution for our customers. We spot and exploit opportunities, and try to anticipate future trends for them. We pursue outstanding quality and choice, as well as smooth delivery. We have a global presence in terms of both our plants and sales support, and count approximately 1,100 collaborators worldwide. For our HQ in Vilvoorde we are looking for a Lab Technician Innovation & Applications projects.
Descripción del trabajo
You support innovation projects and product application development activities. The nature of the work might vary from simulation of production processes at lab scale to all kind of analyses and tests (lab scale or pilot) in relation to product benchmarking, product improvements or new product development, testing and exploring the value proposition of these innovations in different applications in Pharma, Food and Health & Nutrition (as applicable) applications.
- You perform analysis to determine the technical advantages of our products in different formulations, including cost advantages, in comparison to other ingredients’ substitution
- You develop recipes, product formulations, concepts, prototypes to support product launches and industry events, incorporating the latest trends within the relevant industries
- You support the development of new test methods by evaluating the analysis methods best suited for the innovation, adapt them when needed and execute (internally) or overlook (externally) the analyses.
- You report and document the tests executed by you and interpret the results.
- You calibrate the test equipment
- You plan your work as well on a daily basis as overall for the projects in order to deliver results within the agreed deadlines
- You support the overall lab maintenance, safety and coordination.
- You actively participate in project meetings, occasionally with customers or knowledge centers
- Your daily workplace is the PB Leiner Innovation & Application lab in Vilvoorde, where you report to the Application Development Engineer & Coordinator manager and work closely with the project managers of the projects you are working on.
- You minimally have a Bachelor degree in chemistry, biochemistry, food technology, food science, human nutrition or a related field
- 3-5 years’ relevant work experience in Pharma, Food or Health & Nutrition applications.
- You have previously worked in a lab environment and are comfortable with testing equipment and techniques/tests.
- Specific knowledge on hydrocolloids, their functionalities and analytics like rheology is a plus
- You have practical knowledge in statistical data analysis
- You are up-to-date on (food) safety, environmental and hygienic requirements
- You are fluent in English and Dutch
- You have a positive attitude and are curious and eager to gain new knowledge and expertise.
- You can plan and perform your work independently and in a structured way.
- You have a strong analytical, creative and problem-solving mindset.
- You are critical, have eye for detail and can work very accurately.
- You are flexible and can handle diverse tasks.
- You communicate proactively, and can present your results clearly.
- You are a team player.
We offer you a dynamic job in a challenging international environment and an attractive package of conditions.
Do you want to know more about Tessenderlo Group? Our colleagues will tell you more about it here.