PB Leiner is one of the world’s leading producers of high quality gelatins and collagen peptides. It has a global presence in terms of both its plants and sales representatives. PB Leiner’s objective is to recognize and explore opportunities for its customers and to anticipate future trends. In this regard, PB Leiner was the world’s first gelatin producer to market multifunctional gelatin products. PB Leiner supplies a continuously growing market in food, pharma, health nutrition and technical applications. PB Leiner has approximately 1,200 collaborators throughout the world and is part of Tessenderlo Group.
· Provide specialist engineering support to the manufacturing production operation in a reactive & preventative aspect
· The design, configuration, installation, commissioning, and maintenance of IT communication networks for new and current systems
· Corrective assistance to PLC-related plant breakdowns and methodically diagnosing faults to ensure line operation.
· Undertake the design, software modifications and improvements to the plant equipment whilst adhering to onsite software standardisation
· Work alongside global IT/OT to support the installation and commission of new localised equipment and software
· Complete the specification, maintenance and administration of all site PLC, HMI, SCADA and Historian software systems, which includes: Code backups, Fault finding and disaster recovery Modifications, Maintenance monitoring, Version control, Validation, Upgrades and bug fixes, System document and procedure updates, Software loop tuning, Licensing.
· The design, configuration, commissioning, and maintenance of SCADA system
· Training of other maintenance-related team member in basic fault-finding techniques within programming
· Locally Control the Server/Client Hardware systems. This includes Industrial PC’s, PC Workstations and Windows 10
· Involvement in management and implementation of CapEx/OpEx project in relation to automation. To include commissioning and document creation
· Creation and maintenance of risk assessments and operating procedures in relation to maintenance and automation
· Working closely with Production & Maintenance to ensure production efficiency is maximised with minimal downtime.
· Identify opportunities and lead a wide range of modernisation and integration projects to automate the process
· Support engineering shutdown planning and execution, for calibration and electrical control and process equipment systems maintenance.
· Bachelors Degree (Electrical or Mechanical) in computer science, electrical engineering mechanical engineering or other related fields. Or equivalent qualification
· Previous automation experience within a manufacturing environment
· Previous experience of AC or DC Invertor programming, fault finding and commissioning
· Skilled at technical drawing interpretation
· Strong IT/OT skillset with understanding of cyber security
· Technical knowledge surrounding SCADA/HMI/PLC systems i.e. Siemens S7, SIMATIC WinCC
· Proficient in C/C++, ladder logic and Statement List programming languages
· Advanced knowledge of network communication systems i.e. Profibus, Profinet, Ethernet IP
· Experience with Microsoft Office and AutoCAD
· IOSH Managing Safely or NEBOSH Certification
· Previous experience of Project Management from concept to delivery of capital investment
· Knowledge and implementation of SAP ERP system
· Knowledge & Implementation of change control processes
· Understanding of lean manufacturing processes – 5S, Kanban, Kaizen
What can you expect from us? We are committed to supporting our employees ambitions through training and development opportunities and as a result you may will be required to undertaken some mandatory training and have the opportunity to help train others if you are if sufficiently competent in a given task.
We are an inclusive organisation and welcome applicants from all walks of life. We promote a healthy work life balance and in addition to a competitive salary, we offer a range of benefits, including:
- BUPA private medical
- Above average pension contribution structure
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Life assurance
- Sickness absence insurance
- Training and development opportunities,
- Corporate gym discount
- Incremental holiday increases
- Social events and more