Global Continuous Improvement Manager
PB Leiner is one of the world’s leading producers of high quality gelatins and collagen peptides. We supply a growing market in food, pharma, health nutrition and technical applications. In all our efforts, we strive to be The Clear Solution for our customers. We spot and exploit opportunities, and try to anticipate future trends for them. We pursue outstanding quality and choice, as well as smooth delivery. We have a global presence in terms of both our plants and sales support, and count approximately 1,100 collaborators worldwide. PB Leiner is part of Tessenderlo Group.
Develop and implement continuous improvement strategy within the Business Unit. Lead activities and projects supporting the strategic and operational alignment, cooperation and communication across all Centers of Excellence positions. Ensure implementation of continuous improvement tools and techniques. Promote standardization of practices.
Help in developing a culture that encourages the cycle of continuous improvement at all levels, every day, supporting employees learning, teaching and applying process improvement skills effectively.
- Develop all aspects of Continuous Improvement (CI), including governance, standardized toolbox and trainings
- Support on achieving global operational targets by the usage of CI tools
- Establish and deploy short and long term CI Strategy in concert with Plants & Group
- Define, communicate and implement KPIs to monitor progress and effectiveness of CI initiatives
- Standardize requirements of each CI initiative (routine and focused improvement)
- Coach and mentor CI engineers on the practical application of the strategy, development of CI annual implementation plan for each plant, toolbox usage, trainings and other CI initiatives
- Identify improvement opportunities at BU level, exploring the interaction among different departments (not only Operations)
- Develop new tools, technologies and practices (external benchmark exercise)
- Support on applying CI tools and techniques on the other Centers of Excellence (COEs)
- Keep communication among COEs and plants, guaranteeing best practices sharing with Operational team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Master Black Belt or Black Belt certificate preferred
- 10 years’ experience in continuous improvement programs
- Fluent in English
Travel for position required.
Important skill set for the position:
- Collaboration-working with diverse teams
- Being able to translate strategy into action
- Understanding project management principles
- Analytical and problem-solving skills