PB Leiner is one of the world’s leading producers of high quality gelatins and collagen peptides. It has a global presence in terms of both its plants and sales representatives. PB Leiner’s objective is to recognize and explore opportunities for its customers and to anticipate future trends. In this regard, PB Leiner was the world’s first gelatin producer to market multifunctional gelatin products. PB Leiner supplies a continuously growing market in food, pharma, health nutrition and technical applications. PB Leiner has approximately 1,200 collaborators throughout the world and is part of Tessenderlo Group.
Are you an enthusiastic Laboratory Technician just starting out in your career or do you already have a wealth of lab experience? Are you looking for an interesting role that will allow you to delve deeper into many facets of Gelatin?
We have an exciting and unique opportunity for a Laboratory Technician to work within our well established and friendly team on a Fixed Term basis, undertaking tasks in both our micro lab and physical lab.
What might your day look like? Whilst supporting the Quality Control / Laboratory Manager to ensure that all customer requirements are met from receipt of purchase order to final delivery, in this varied role you will be able to gain valuable experience in activities such as:
· Assist in implementing management systems for Health & Safety issues (COSHH)
· Assist in maintaining Quality Reporting Datasheets and the SAP IT system
· Ensuring completion and correct documentation of Quality Control analysis of finished and semi-finished lots as per the documented analysis requirements
· Undertake micro and chemical testing on our product from samples you collect from within the plant this may include planning the work load for chemistry / physical analysis (as back-up) and advising Laboratory Manager as and when Quality issues are noticed at intermediate testing, in a timely fashion.
· Perform GME Ring test analysis to show proficiency in key test methods
· Perform identification on micro growth via API and Gram stain (as back-up)
· Input QC data into Quality Record Sheets and SAP and monitor accuracy of QC reported data by way of reference sample analysis
· Assist in Stock Management of consumables within the Chemistry Laboratory and continually ensuring sufficient reagents are available for required analysis
· Assist in the preparation of Trial Blends in a timely manner
· Issue production labels to the plant (as back-up)
The Health and Safety of all our employees is of utmost importance and you will be expected to comply with all the requirements in place and ensure the Laboratory areas are kept clean and safe to work in.
Skills and Abilities
Are you who we are looking for? Are you self-motivated, professional, flexible in your approach, honest, reliable and diplomatic when required? If you thrive at working under pressure to meet strict deadlines and are able to plan and organise your work, working both independently and as part of the team, whilst building effective working relationships, then you may have the skills we are seeking.
Are you comfortable using IT packages, including Excel, Word and SAP, with excellent numeracy and literacy skills? Can you promote a professional company image at all times and live and breathe our core values? If you are keen to define, organise and own your Continuing Professional Development and have good interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate effectively in English (verbally and written), along with the ability to deal with situations in a calm and objective manner, then we’d love to hear from you.
It would be advantageous if you hold a Bachelor’s degree (ideally in Science with specialty in Chemistry with knowledge of Microbiology) and have experience or an understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
What can you expect from us? We are committed to supporting our employees ambitions through training and development opportunities and as a result you may will be required to undertaken some mandatory training and have the opportunity to help train others if you are if sufficiently competent in a given task.
We are an inclusive organisation and welcome applicants from all walks of life. We promote a healthy work life balance and in addition to a competitive salary, we offer a range of benefits, including:
- BUPA private medical
- Above average pension contribution structure
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Life assurance
- Sickness absence insurance
- Training and development opportunities,
- Corporate gym discount
- Incremental holiday increases
- Social events and more
- Salary - £22,641.70 per annum