PB Leiner is one of the world’s leading producers of high quality gelatins and collagen peptides. It has a global presence in terms of both its plants and sales representatives. PB Leiner’s objective is to recognize and explore opportunities for its customers and to anticipate future trends. In this regard, PB Leiner was the world’s first gelatin producer to market multifunctional gelatin products. PB Leiner supplies a continuously growing market in food, pharma, health nutrition and technical applications. PB Leiner has approximately 1,200 collaborators throughout the world and is part of Tessenderlo Group.
Purpose of the job
Responsible for ensuring the compliance of our gelatin production site with the highest quality standards. Your duties will include monitoring, controlling, and continuously improving quality processes.
- Quality Assurance:
Lead the Quality Assurance department to ensure the site complies with relevant ISO and HACCP standards. This includes the following processes and activities:
- Responsible for Quality Assurance Procedures ;
- Responsible for HACCP procedures ;
- Responsible for Internal Audits of Quality Assurance System ;
- Responsible for liaison with External ISO Assessment bodies ;
- Advises on organisation and improvement of production ISO .
- Responsible for developing & implementing a food safety culture
- Contribute to cross-site standardization in the area of quality
- Quality Control:
Support the Quality Control department to ensure that all customer requirements are met from receipt of purchase order to final delivery. This includes the following processes and activities:
- Responsible for the preparation of gelatin blends to ensure that Customer requirements as stated in the purchase order are met ;
- Advise Production as and when Quality issues noticed at intermediate testing are affecting the ability to supply in a timely fashion. ;
- Responsible for Quality Meetings. ;
- Assist in Managing the SAP IT system ;
- Responsible for Change Control for Quality critical items ;
- Advise Purchasing in areas relation to Quality e.g. chemicals/ packaging ;
- Advises on ossein raw material and production planning ;
- Advises the production manager on Manufacturing Quality Control, production troubleshooting/problem solving, production quality, yield and throughput improvement. ;
- Advises the maintenance manager on the improvement of maintenance activities with regards to ISO and HACCP. ;
- Advises the maintenance manager on the managing instrumentation calibration systems. ;
- Advises the production manager on quality parameter deviations ;
- Responsible for the Pest Control Management System for Production and Office Buildings .
Manage contact with worldwide Sales departments. This includes the following processes and activities:
- Responsible for investigation of customer complaints generally received via the Sales department to ensure valid corrective action is achieved ;
- Advise the shipping department on quality related sales administration issues .
Advises the Production Manager in relation to plant audits of regulatory authorities (DEFRA, FSA, Food Safety group, and GMP) and Customers in order to maintain compliance. This includes the following processes and activities:
- Assist with Regulatory Certification Audits ;
- Responsible with the Production Manager for Customer Audits ;
- Advises the production manager for plant certification and food approval ;
- Advises the production plant audits and investigations by regulatory authorities .
- Day to day management / supervision / development of those staff you are responsible for.
- Ensure appropriate training is undertaken on a timely basis.
- Undertake performance review cycles of those staff you are responsible for.
- Manage discipline, capability and grievance issues of those staff you are responsible for as per the required processes.
- Manage staff sickness and other absences for those staff you are responsible for as per the required processes.
- To promote a professional company image at all times.
- To be committed to Continuous Professional Development (CPD).
- There will be times when you may be required to undertake additional tasks, duties and responsibilities within your capabilities and may be asked to undertake an alternative job on a temporary basis. However, you will not ordinarily be assigned to duties or required to perform services which you cannot reasonably perform or are outside the range of your normal skills and experience.
Education, Experience, Knowledge
Bachelor’s degree or higher in Food Technology, Chemistry, Biotechnology, or a related field is essential. A masters degree would be an advantage. Qualifications in Quality Management would also be an advantage.
5 - 8 years relevant experience is required.
- In depth understanding of food production, including relevant processes and technologies
- Knowledge of quality control methods and instruments
- Experience in developing, implementing, and maintaining quality management systems
- Experience in conducting internal and external audits and collaborating with certification bodies
- Ability to identify and implement actions for continuous improvement
- Proactive attitude towards continuous improvement of processes and quality standards
- Knowledge of national and international quality standards and regulations
- Experience in ensuring compliance with legal requirements and norms
- Excellent communication skills to interact effectively with internal teams, customers, and suppliers
- Experience in leading teams in the quality domain
- Ability to motivate, train, and develop team members
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
What can you expect from us? We are committed to supporting our employees ambitions through training and development opportunities and as a result you may will be required to undertaken some mandatory training and have the opportunity to help train others if you are if sufficiently competent in a given task.
We are an inclusive organisation and welcome applicants from all walks of life. We promote a healthy work life balance and in addition to a competitive salary, we offer a range of benefits, including:
- Private medical insurance
- Above average pension contribution structure
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Sickness absence insurance
- Training and development opportunities,
- Social events and more