Industrial Maintenance Technician
PB Leiner is one of the world’s leading producers of high quality gelatins and collagen peptides. It has a global presence in terms of both its plants and sales representatives. PB Leiner’s objective is to recognize and explore opportunities for its customers and to anticipate future trends. In this regard, PB Leiner was the world’s first gelatin producer to market multifunctional gelatin products. PB Leiner supplies a continuously growing market in food, pharma, health nutrition and technical applications. PB Leiner has approximately 1,200 collaborators throughout the world and is part of Tessenderlo Group.
Employees qualified for the Industrial Maintenance Technician position are responsible for providing safe maintenance/repair and management of process systems, refrigeration systems, boilers/ auxiliary equipment, compressed air, electrical and control equipment, cooling tower systems, HVAC/ auxiliary equipment, at PB Leiner Davenport. Employees must safely operate boilers and auxiliary pumping/ conditioning equipment, generators, refrigeration equipment, HVAC, and other plant equipment as directed by supervision/ management. Employees will frequently use root cause methodology and other lean techniques to determine best course of action to facilitate timely and permanent repairs to electrical, mechanical and, control systems.
This position carries a high degree of accountability as the employee is responsible to operate and maintain systems that can impact employee safety, environmental conditions, and production processes while frequently working unaided. The person qualified for this position must have good communication skills and be self-motivated with a never settle continuous improvement mindset that aligns with PB Leiner’s core values.
Employees selected for the Maintenance Technician position will be placed on a 60 working day probationary period to determine skills and receive training in safety, boiler operations, refrigeration operations and SOP’s, power distribution system, process operations, SAP, food safety, forklift, and critical equipment.
- Good working knowledge in mechanical systems
- Basic Welding Knowledge
- Experience working with electrical and control systems (low voltage distribution, motor controls, motors, safety circuits, flame controls, and meters)
- Interpret mechanical and electrical schematics
- Proficient in basic computer use (MS Office products, HMI/ GUI/ automation operations, specialty interfaces to complete job responsibilities)
- Good handwriting skills
- Good communication skill with the ability to present solutions and job instructions
- Ability to work alone or within a team
- Meet physical requirements for the job
- Good safety record
- Driver’s license
- 2 year technical degree or 2+years in an industrial or automotive maintenance.
- Experience with pumps, valves, steam, refrigeration, and electrical systems
- Experience with PLC/ instrumentation, servos/ actuators, and specialty sensors
- Formal ammonia refrigeration training
This is a union position. The Local union is UFCW Local 431.