Health, Safety & Environment Manager
PB Leiner is one of the world’s leading producers of high quality gelatins and collagen peptides. It has a global presence in terms of both its plants and sales representatives. PB Leiner’s objective is to recognize and explore opportunities for its customers and to anticipate future trends. In this regard, PB Leiner was the world’s first gelatin producer to market multifunctional gelatin products. PB Leiner supplies a continuously growing market in food, pharma, health nutrition and technical applications. PB Leiner has approximately 1,200 collaborators throughout the world and is part of Tessenderlo Group.
To manage and coordinate all safety activities in order to provide optimal operating conditions for the site and to make sure the site stays operational. You will be required to support all areas of the business regarding environmental regulations and ensuring a safety-first culture, and provide training where necessary. You will be responsible for developing and maintaining data records and statistics, and using the information to provide analysis and solutions.
Safety and Related Issues: responsible for and advising on safety related issues, in order to provide optimal operating conditions for the site and to make sure the site operates in accordance with Health & Safety regulations
Safety Strategy: responsible for setting up a safety strategy and methods to improve the safety process to reduce job related risks for all employees and third parties at the site.
Safety Management System: Responsible for the safety management system on site.
Risk Assessments and Accident Management: responsible for ensuring the company has a robust Health & Safety risk assessment programme.
External Communication: Responsible for liaising with External Health & Safety, Environmental and Insurance contacts.
Safety Projects: responsible for advising managers on safety related projects and assisting in cost benefit analysis.
Environmental Compliance: responsible for ensuring that the site remains compliant with all relevant legislation.
Coaching "culture change management process" at all levels.
Knowledge & Understanding:
- Master's degree (e.g. industrial engineer, commercial engineer, etc.) or equivalent
- Minimum of British NEBOSH General Certificate / IOSH qualification required.
- Track record of delivering Environmental and H&S improvements within a similar environment - e.g. food, chemical manufacture or processing background.
- Environmental Management Systems (ISO14001)
- Certificated Health and Safety Management Systems
- Production environment
- Minimum prevention advisor level 2
Skills & Abilities:
- Very good interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
- Good IT skills (including Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Work independently and as part of a team
- Deal with situations calmly and objectively
- Flexible in approach
What can you expect from us? We are committed to supporting our employees ambitions through training and development opportunities and as a result you may will be required to undertaken some mandatory training and have the opportunity to help train others if you are if sufficiently competent in a given task.
We are an inclusive organisation and welcome applicants from all walks of life. We promote a healthy work life balance and in addition to a competitive salary, we offer a range of benefits, including:
- BUPA private medical
- Above average pension contribution structure
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Life assurance
- Sickness absence insurance
- Training and development opportunities,
- Corporate gym discount
- Incremental holiday increases
- Social events and more