Descripción de la compañía
PB Leiner is one of the world’s leading producers of high quality gelatins and collagen peptides. We supply a growing market in food, pharma, health nutrition and technical applications. In all our efforts, we strive to be The Clear Solution for our customers. We spot and exploit opportunities, and try to anticipate future trends for them. We pursue outstanding quality and choice, as well as smooth delivery. We have a global presence in terms of both our plants and sales support, and count approximately 1,100 collaborators worldwide. PB Leiner is part of Tessenderlo Group.
Descripción del trabajo
The position ensures that the production facility is compliant with current regulations and standards affecting quality and food safety by working with the process and production departments and managing facility audits. This position also supervises, maintains, and monitors a Quality Control Laboratory with staff capable of performing the analytical procedures required for the operation of a gelatin plant.
- Develop, document and maintain procedures as related but not limited to ISO 9000, ISO 14001, FSSC 22000, GMP, QC, QA, Chemical, Physical and Microbiological Assay procedures.
- Manage the audit process for ISO 9001, ISO 14001, FSSC 22000, Customer, and Regulatory, including recruitment and training of audit and plant personnel.
- U.S. Regulatory contact for industry group. Maintain documentation and contact required for USDA APHIS approvals, and FDA FSMA compliance.
- Manage and direct QC Supervisor to ensure the accuracy, proficiency, and quality of the analytical tests conducted and establish new technological processes.
- Manage and direct QA Specialist to ensure compliance to quality systems in place. Ensure customer forward communication from QA Officer is appropriate.
- Ensure Management is informed regarding systems status, compliance and customer satisfaction via reports, memos, verbal reports, etc.
- Provide technical assistance to the Plant Management as required and related to problems of chemical, physical, microbiological, applications and regulatory nature.
- Review changes to ensure compliance with GMP, ISO 9000, FSSC 22000, etc.
- Coordinate interaction between the sales group, production facility, and customers to ensure the capability of meeting customer requirements.
- Develop and manage quality budget and ensure purchasing is in line with planned budget.
- Investigate, manage, and respond to customer inquires related to product quality and performance.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Microbiology, Chemistry, or Food Science with 5-8 years of experience.
- Competent in ISO 9000, GFSI, and FSMA
- Strong leadership, communication
- Computer skills recommended
- PCQI required, or obtained within 3 months of starting
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.